Wednesday 2 October 2013

VENICE.

Last stop Venice!
Again I had visited before with my Mum quite a few years ago but only for two days. Venice is such a unique place with so much to see, I was more than happy to explore again.

SAN MARCO.
SAINT MARK'S BASILICA. UNFORTUNATELY THIS WAS MOSTLY COVERED IN SCAFFOLDING FOR RENOVATION BUT THIS CORNER WAS EXPOSED.
LOTS OF TOURISTS IN THE PIAZZA SAN MARCO.

RIALTO MARKETS, I DO LOVE A GOOD MARKET!
THE FAMOUS RIALTO BRIDGE.
THE GRAND CANAL.

SO INTRICATELY DECORATED.
SAN MARCO AGAIN.
VIEW FROM OUR HOSTEL!
MURANO.
PALAZZO DUCAL, DOGE'S PALACE. WE DID SUCH A FUN TOUR HERE OF ALL THE HIDDEN ROOMS AND PRISONS, INCLUDING THE STORY OF CASANOVA. 
SANTA MARIA DELLA SALUTE.

I'm so grateful that I had this chance to explore and travel but seeing so much of Northern Italy has made me want to explore more of the southern coast and countryside... plenty of time for that I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment