Saturday 29 March 2014

MOTHER'S DAY.

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm so happy that today I get to be back at my parent's house paying a visit, it's been too long. In my last post, I shared my guest post over at we resolve and today I have a few more things about my mum to share. I asked her 10 questions, to learn a bit more about her and here's what I found out...

1. Outside family members, who inspires you the most?
Corrie Ten Boom for being an ordinary woman who was prepared to put herself out there for God and trust Him in all the little things
Jane Kopsch for being down to earth and a woman of great integrity
Jackson Pollock for expressing such vibrancy and freedom in his paintings
Claudia Winkleman for being so much fun ( and having great hair!)
Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep for being so true to character in every role they take

2. How would your childhood friends describe you?
Loyal, funny, knobbly kneed!

3. What is better about the world today than when you were growing up?
Advances in medical science and the gospel is more widely spread.

4. What's the best gift you've ever recieved?
Salvation of course! But after that my children.

5. If you could instantly have a new skill, what would it be?
To speak fluent Italian.

6. When did you know you wanted to be a mum?
When I was a young teenager and babysat for lots of people.

7. Where in the world would you most like to travel that you haven't been to yet?
South America.

8. What is the hardest and the most rewarding thing about being a mother?
The hardest is when I let my children down and when I see them struggle and in pain. Also knackeredness! The most rewarding...there are too many to list them all but
  • seeing my children come to accept Jesus
  • seeing them grow into the people they are with all the different character traits and skills
  • seeing them become independent and socially minded
  • seeing them learn to overcome difficulties
  • seeing them be kind to other people
  • Hanging out and chatting together
  • when they say I love you - will stop now as I will start to cry!
9. If you could go back in time to any period in history, where would you go and why?
When space travel emerged, in particular 1969 and first moon landing, how absolutely exciting that must have been. I still think it's amazing what was achieved and that we can travel into space and see so much beauty...Dad has pointed out I was alive in 1969 but I don't remember the moon landing so please can it still count?!

10. Pick and favourite song and why or what it reminds you of...
You're the Tops by Cole Porter because it's so happy and upbeat; the lyrics are really clever and it's just a celebration of recognising how great the person you love is so obviously it always reminds me of Dad and that makes me happy.

Thank you so much for sharing mum, I love you! 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment