Wednesday 21 October 2015

MY LEEDS/ LIGHT NIGHT

Once a year in Leeds when it's starting to get dark, something called Light Night happens... not that I was really aware of this despite living here for 5 years! All over the city buildings open their doors to the public and sections of the streets are closed off to host art installations all about light. We were only free to squeeze in one or two pieces on display but it was a fun and different way to spend an evening. Check out the rainbow room and a light parade with a massive owl (which personally I thought was the double of Hedwig) below. One of my favourite pieces was the projection in with window of 'Nation of Shopkeepers', very cool.

I love that there always seems to be going on in Leeds whether I know about it or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment