Wednesday 10 February 2016

MY LEEDS/ NORTHERN MONK.

The Northern Monk is definitely a much loved and regularly visited place amongst my friends. From the day I heard it was opening, just a short walk from my house, I was interested to check it out and it did not disappoint. Tucked just off Marshall Street in the Old Flax Mill, it doesn't look like much from the outside (and the initial smell of the brewery downstairs takes some getting used to) but the simple decor with long wooden tables, exposed brick and concrete planters on each table with the low hanging lights above gives it such a good atmosphere. It is open early for breakfast and stays open til late for food and drinks, perfect for any time of day. It's where you can find us most Friday evenings and I even celebrated my birthday here!

I've probably been far to many times but I don't expect that to stop any time soon. Here are some photos from last weekend for a delicious brunch. I went for the vegetarian haggis with braised beans and a poached egg. Yum.

Thanks Northern Monk for being so great and so close by, see you on Friday!
x


No comments:

Post a Comment