Friday 20 March 2015

THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE.

As a big fan of chocolate chip cookies, I'm always keen to try different recipes and find the perfect one. When I discovered this recipe a few years back I thought I had better try it, especially as it was recommended by more than one blogger, but for some reason this is the first time I actually attempted to make it! I wonder if part of the reason for this is that it involves leaving the dough for at least 24hours before baking which seems like a long time to wait for cookies if you ask me...

Anyway, this past week I went for it and baked them.

Phase one involved a lot of elbow grease and far too many chocolate chips despite the fact that I bought less than the recipe asked for.
YES, THOSE ARE MY LEGS AND YES I'M WEARING PJS. CAN'T BEAT A BIT OF BEDTIME BAKING.
READY TO CREAM TOGETHER.
SO MANY CHOCOLATE CHIPS!!! THIS BOWL IS NOT SMALL EITHER.

Phase two, about 36hours later and I finally got some cookies.  Some of them turned out slightly squished and misshapen but they all taste pretty good!

It made 20 decent sized cookies with some dough still left over, now frozen for future cravings because 20 is more than enough to be getting on with even though I have a suspicion that these won't last very long

I can't say yet whether I would call them the best ever chocolate chip cookies but I would make them again for sure and I'm happy to keep on hunting for the perfect ones. 
READY FOR THE OVEN.
I RAN OUT OF ROOM ON MY COOLING RACK SO HAD TO START STACKING.
IN ALL THEIR GLORY...THE PERFECTLY ROUND AND NOT SO MUCH.

Have a lovely weekend, here's hoping it involves something delicious!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment