Tuesday 20 January 2015

HOMEMADE APPLE PIE.

I thought I'd revisit one of the first posts I ever did on the blog with this recipe.

This is pretty easy with no blind baking involved so the only waiting around is for the pastry to chill. I didn't manage to get a photo of the finished result as it disappear super quickly but it was very tasty, I can assure you! I love how the apple is still in slices when it's baked rather than just a mush and it holds it's shape so well. I'm looking forward to eating the mini pies I made with the leftovers for breakfast (apple pie seems an acceptable breakfast food for sure).

 TOOK THIS OPPORTUNITY TO USE MY BEAUTIFUL NEW MIXING BOWL.
DOING THE CRIMPING AROUND THE EDGE ALWAYS REMINDS ME OF SNOW WHITE, I USED TO MAKE PRETEND PIES THIS WAY WHEN I WAS YOUNGER TOO!

Hope you're having a wonderful week 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment