Monday 3 November 2014

MY LEEDS/ A NIGHT AT THE THEATRE.

One evening last month, I spent a night at the theatre with a friend. Seeing a play is something I've been meaning to do for quite a while and it crosses another goal off my list. We saw The Crucible by Arthur Miller, put on by the West Yorkshire Playhouse. I had to read an Arthur Miller play when I was 16 as part of English Literature at school but didn't really know the story of The Crucible before. Although I've been lucky enough to see quite a few dance companies perform and multiple musicals this was one of a only a few plays I have made it to. It felt very 'grown-up', which I sometimes have to remind myself that I am, to see a serious play and it left me thinking a lot about injustice and human nature which you don't quite get in the same way from Wicked. Once I got past the idea that everyone was only going to talk at us, I really enjoyed trying something a little different. 

The staging was great and despite a few questionable American accents, it was all round pretty good though not the most heart-lifting story! This was the third time visiting the Playhouse and hopefully I'll be back soon.

THIS IS WHEN I AWKWARDLY SNUCK A PICTURE INSIDE THE THEATRE...

No comments:

Post a Comment