Saturday 12 July 2014

THOUGHTS.

The end of this month will mark a year since I started 'today'. . I wrote another post when I was starting out full of thoughts of how important it is to live in the now and trust God with what is happening day-to-day. This blog lets me see progress and is a documentation of part of my life, giving me a chance to assess and reflect on changes

In this past year there has been a lot of learning about who I am and who God is. Funnily enough I there is a lot more to know! 

Recently I've been thinking about the photos I take, videos I've made, little creative projects that I do and goals I've set myself like learning guitar and making a quilt still works in progress right now. I can compare, put myself down and I think I'm not as good as someone else and it's easy to let thoughts like this hold me back and make me reluctant to try new things or tell anyone I'm trying them. Despite how I can feel sometimes, I don't need approval or recognition of others. Equally, I don't want to put others down to make myself feel better but appreciate others talents and be inspired. The beauty is that no one else can do something the way I do and everyone sees things slightly differently. I believe that God made creativity part of my character and by exercising it I understand so much more of what He is like. I connect with him in a deeper way when I remember this.

I want to be brave and just try whatever the outcome. If it's rubbish it doesn't actually matter and often fear is worse that messing up. It's easy to build something up and put too much value in it. I very easily put rules or structure on myself but it's ok to get things wrong or change my mind. This is learning and like I said there is a whole lot more for me to do.

I want to be proactive, more assertive and sure of myself and how God has made me; unapologetic of who I am and through this hopefully will come more freedom to embrace new things, especially opportunities He sends my way. I can already see how trying to have this attitude is causing changes in me. Whether this is sharing more of myself and my opinions something I don't really do unless asked, getting my camera out in public or making decisions I feel are right that others might not agree with, God is making changes. 
Thanks for reading this blog, whether it's been for a long time or only recently. 
Have a wonderful rest of the weekend
xx

2 comments: